THE STRANGE JOURNEY BY GROUP 1


Last year, I decided to make a surprise visit to my great-uncle, who I hadn't seen for a long time, and who'd lived alone in a big, empty house with many cockroaches in the middle of the countryside for many years. My great-uncle thought that cockroaches was like his own son and accompanied his life many years because they have lived for many years their cockroaches body was huge. Now I will tell you there were two ways of getting to the nearest village on public transport -- you could take the train or there was a bus -- but either way was really slow, so I decided to drive instead.
       At first, everything went well. The weather was fine, and on the way I saw lots of beautiful scenery. But when I was about ten kilometres from the village. I had to stop because a huge tree had fallen in my way. I got out of the car and tried to see if i could move the huge tree. When i approached the tree there were a giant spider web and suddenly the giant spider fell to me. I feel very scared but I dssidn't want to go back, so I decided to leave my car and then ran toward the forest away from the giant spider and walk the rest of the way to the village.
       Unfortunately, after I'd been walking for an hour or so, the sun went in and I could see dark clouds in the distance. It looked like bad weather was on the way, but what could I do ? Just then, I met a local farmer coming the other way, driving a small lorry. 'It'll be dark soon,' he said. 'Maybe you should go back the way you came.'
       When I told him that my car was at least an hour away, he sighed heavily, told me to get into the lorry and took me to a nearby hostel. At the end of our journey, I told him my name and asked him if he knew my great-uncle. For a moment he looked surprised, then he just looked at me in a strange way and laughed. Before I could say anything, he'd driven away.
       The hostel was small, and I was the only guest, but the owners, a married couple, were very friendly and went out of their way to make me comfortable. The next morning, they drew a map to show me the quickest way to get to my great-uncle's village. I was surprised at how far it was -- I hadn't realised the hostel was so far out of my way.
       After about an hour of walking, I spotted the village and my great-uncle's house on top of a hill. As I worked my way up the hill -- I'd forgotten how steep it was! -- I wondered what he'd think when he saw me. At last, I knocked on the big front door, and, to my surprise, a young woman answered. When I told her who I was and who I was looking for, she frowned in a confused way and said, “I’m sorry,,the village was destroyed 20 years ago because of volcano. And this place is now a campus.”

Story’s  group 1:
-Ammar Permady Apriliano (001201700067)
-Daniel Hosea (001201700062)
-Joshua Kurniawan (001201700019)
-Stevanny Padmaputri (001201700056)

Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

The Strange Journey of Joel ( Group 4 )

Wrong Menu

The Strange Journey of a Man